Treasures Untold


Title: Treasures Untold
Author: Terri
E-mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: R
Disclaimer: I don't own them, but they probably own me by now........
Archive: WRFA, Mutual Admiration, Peep Hut - anyone else, please ask, and I'll say yes :)
Feedback: Please!  With a cherry on top?  Good, bad, and ugly welcome........
Summary: It's Marie's big birthday and Logan's feeling a little impatient.
Comments: This is the first of a few foofy (and some not so foofy) stand alones that were written to take a little break from serious stories while life slowly resumes some sense of normalcy.  I'm not feeling especially foofy, to tell you the truth, but I've thrown open my arms (or butt?) to the foof peeps and they have taken full advantage........

-----------------------------------------------------------



She ain't in the kitchen.  Checked there.  She ain't in her room.  Didn't smell like she was in, just those two annoying little kids she lives with.  She ain't in the garage workin' on her car and she ain't in the danger room workin' out.  There's only a limited number of places she can be, so I'll find her eventually. 

"Hey, kid, you seen Rogue?"

"Uh, no."  Heh.  All of those little boys that trail after her - they're scared of me.  'Specially that one, Bobby.  Well, I did go out of my way to scare him off after I caught him with a hand on Marie's - no, no, I'm not even gonna think about that 'cause if I do, I'll stop lookin' for her and go pound him some more.  Those Marie-parts are NOT for touchin'.  Well, not by anyone else but me. 

'Course, Marie don't quite know that yet.  I've been waitin' for her eighteenth birthday, which is tomorrow, to let her know what's what.  I mean, I think she already knows what the deal is pretty much - she's mine.  She wears the tags all the time, and I hafta say I was pleased as hell to see that when I got back.  Plus, she's been givin' little clues that she kinda wantsta be together.  Flirtin' and shit.  For some reason, I've never been able to flirt back with her too good.  Jeannie, yeah.  Marie - I get all tongue tied and shit.

I know what people think - they think I'm a lady killer, always on the prowl.  And I hafta say, I do like the chase.  But once I get 'em, I tend to lose interest.  That's what made it so fun with Jeannie for a while - I knew I wasn't gonna get her.  I mean, hell, she's a good girl, she ain't gonna cheat on Scooter.  He don't know that, though, and that made it all the more fun. 

It stopped bein' fun when I noticed Marie get a sad little frown and leave the room whenever Jeannie was around me.  I guess I shoulda known Marie'd think I was in love with Jeannie insteada her.  But all it took was one little frown across those nice, full lips and one look at the big sad brown eyes, and I never acted flirty with Jeannie again.  In fact, I made sure to go find Marie right away and tell her what's what - that it was just for fun and if it makes her feel weird or somethin', it was stoppin' right then and there, 'cause Jeannie wasn't the one I really wanted. 

Marie, she's a little tricky sometimes, though.  I go tellin' her that, thinkin' it'll make her happy and she starts cryin' all these tears and says a buncha stuff that ends up with her tryin' to convince me that I shouldn't want her, either.  Somethin' about 'I wouldn't condemn you to a life with someone you can't touch.'  Took a while to get that bullshit outta her head.  You'd think that for someone that pretty much everybody falls in love with right off, for someone that I've been havin' to beat men away from with a stick, she wouldn't have those kinda thoughts.  And even after that, there was more stuff, like - how do I know you won't lose interest in me once you have me?  Well, I think that's kinda obvious, but I explained it to her anyway.  We're around each other all the time, except for when she's sleepin', and I like it that way.  I talk to her, and about serious stuff, not just flirtin'.  I wanna have her right by me all the time, and I know deep in my gut that that's not gonna change.  She smiled when I said all that, but there was a little bit of an uncertain look in her eye.  Like I said, tricky. 

I've done a lotta thinkin' 'bout how the hell she gets all those thoughts, and what it boils down to is a fair-sized list of people whose asses I'm gonna kick.  One - that kid she absorbed with her first kiss.  She told me once that he calls her a mutie freak up there in her head.  Now, I dunno why her head-version of me ain't kickin' his weeny ass already, but the next time I touch her, I'm gonna make sure that gets done.  Two - her parents.  She wrote 'em a letter after I left for Canada, just to say where she was and that she was OK.  They sent it back unopened with a note that said 'we don't have a daughter' written on the back.  Fuckers.

Three - Chuck, and that is an ass I've already kicked, uh, metaphorically speakin'.  He didn't take an interest in her while she was here all alone, you know?  To him, she's just another mutant or whatever, and I guess he feels weird 'cause she's got Magneto in her head.  But I left her here and told him to look out for her, meanin' - she's special, and you take better care of her than you ever have anybody in your whole life.  Somehow, he didn't get that, but I had a little talk with him and straightened it all out.  I think it did kinda make her feel not-special for the three months that she had to be on her own here, and Chuck's been pretty good about rectifyin' that - he even had a nice talk with her about the whole Magneto issue, and I think that helped.

"You looking for me, sugar?"

"Yeah.  Where were ya?"  She looks pretty damn good right now.  Short black skirt, black tights, green turtleneck.  Oh, yeah. 

"Went for a walk around the lake.  I wanted to do some thinking."  Hmm.  That could be good or bad.  "I'll be eighteen tomorrow and that's kind of a big thing."

"Yeah."  It's a very big thing 'cause it means she'll be legally an adult and it means it's OK for me to get with her.  There have been times, a lotta times, that I thought - it's just a number, and she's *yours*, so what the hell does her age matter?  But the thing that always stopped me was that it seemed to matter to Marie.  She's never, ever made a move for toward me like that, and I can smell sometimes that it ain't for lack of wantin' to.  Hell, I've even not-so-subtly hinted for her to.  It must mean that she needsta wait, and that bein' what she needed was just about the only thing on the face of the earth that coulda stopped me.  'Cause let's face it, there's somethin' that's deeper - beyond just the thrill of the illicit - about havin' her before she's legal.  Almost like a nothin'-can-stop-this-thing-between-us kinda thing.

"What do you think about all of it - you know, the big birthday?"

"It's good."  Very, very good.  "I got you a present."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."  And I think she'll like it.  I think she'll like it a lot.  I know I will.

"Do I get any hints?"  There's that flirtin' thing again.  Gonna make me all tongue-tied, I know it.

"Nah."

"Not even one?  Not even a little one?"  Naughty-Marie eyes.  Those - those're - uh - good.  Them.  Very.  Good. 

"Uh.."

"Oh, OK.  I like surprises anyway."  Touchin'.  Touchin' my arm and slidin' up next to me.  God, the smell of her... "I've got one for you, too, you know.  Kind of a reverse early birthday present."

"Yeah?"  I have no idea what in the hell that means, but I sure as hell love how she said it.

"Uh-huh.  It's in your room.  Want me to show you?"

"Yeah."  It seems like ninety percent of what I say to her lately is 'yeah.'  She must think I'm some kinda dumbass sometimes.  Better say somethin' else.  "Let's go."






"Uh, I'm not gonna put that on." 

"It's for me."

"Oh."  That makes more sense.  Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than her gettin' me a sheer white nightgown for a present.  Start thinkin' with your head, Logan, your upper head.  Stop lookin' at those legs of hers.  "Right."

"Would you like me to put it on?"  Hello.  "Or just take these clothes off?"

"Yeah."  Marie on my lap.  Marie's on my lap now and we're both on a bed.  My bed. 

"Which, sugar?"  Touchin'.  Touchin' my face.  She's wearin' the soft gloves. 

"Baby..."  Gotta have her.  Gotta have her right now.  My clothes - off.  Her clothes - off.  Now. 

"Logan, talk to me, OK?"  Huh?  "Tell me what you want.  Just tell me what you want, OK?"

"Oh, shit.  Shit.  Sorry.  Sorry.  I, uh, didn't mean to just throw ya down on the bed, OK?"  Shit.  Fucked that all up.  I'm half outta my clothes and tossin' her on her back.  Nice, Logan, very nice.

"It's OK.  Just - I know you really want to, it's OK.  Just, um, I need a little guidance here.  The you in my head - sometimes you like me just all naked and sometimes you like me to wear different things.  Just tell me what you'd like right now." 

"I, uh......."  I forgot about the head thing.  Shit, if I'm half as horny up there as I am out here, I can only imagine what that must be like.  Probably like havin' somebody leerin' at ya and droolin' over ya 24/7. 

"It's OK.  I've been doing some thinking and talking to the you in my head.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I really, really get that it's important to you for us to be together as soon as possible.  Like, *absolutely* as soon as possible.  And tomorrow's my birthday - no one - nobody will care if we go ahead tonight.  I don't want to make you wait any more.  I only - I didn't want you to get in trouble for being with me, you know, I didn't want the Professor or Scott or anybody to look down on you or something like that.  I know how much you want me, and I want to be with you too."  You know, comin' from anybody else 'cept this little angel, that woulda sounded half- cocky or half-insane.  But from Marie it just sounds sweet, so sweet.  She's my sweet little angel and I gotta remember that.  No throwin' angels on their backs.   "So you can just, you know, point me in the right direction.  Nightgown or no?"

"No nightgown.  And you keep those clothes on, darlin', all right?"

"Logan?"  She looks so cute like that, head tilted to the side, givin' me the confused-Marie look. 

"Uh, head-me ain't steerin' ya wrong, but I think we should - we should wait until your birthday.  Or until, you know, whenever.  I wantcha to have - to have as much time as you want.  I do.  I know I'm probably, you know, goin' a little nutty up there, but you just ignore that, baby."

"Hey, you don't have to worry.  You're not pushing me.  I want to too, I do, but I - it's kind of complicated." 

"You don't hafta explain."  'Cause I know I probably am pushin' her, the me in her head, and I know that the outside me does sometimes too.  It's just that - it's almost like I found this little treasure chest, this little treasure chest of love, just for me.  Havin' her near me but not bein' able to be with her is like havin' that treasure chest right in fronta you, knowin' everythin' you ever wanted or needed was in there, but not bein' able to open it.  But I don't think - I don't think that's how she feels.  I think she loves me, but it's not like that.  There's a lotta treasures in her life, and I'm just one of 'em.  Lotta people love her, she loves a lotta people.  And she really, really does.  Deep love, big love.  For me, it's just her.  She's my one and only treasure chest.  But you know what?  Treasure - that's somethin' you protect, not just somethin' you enjoy.  "You can take whatever time you think.  There's no hurry.  I'm not goin' anywhere."

"I want to be with you, a lot.  But I don't want to - I don't want to change things between us.  I don't know, Logan, how all this is supposed to go.  I know I have you and all these other people in my head who have all this life experience, but - but I'm not so sure.  The Marie up there just doesn't know.  She's scared of losing you somehow or doing something wrong.  I figured if I did what the head-you wanted, that would be a good start.  I don't know.  I just - I just want to be sure that you're happy with me.  You're sacrificing a lot to be with me, and I just want to be sure to do what you want, to be what you want, to - "

"Hey.  That's not how to think 'bout that, OK?  I wanna be with you, a lot.  Not what you said about sacrificin'."  But she's right about the other part of that.  Sometimes she's so together and comes off so confident and all - I forget that that's all just on the outside.  I forget that she's supposedta be seventeen and I'm supposedta be the adult here.  "Let's do this.  You know, we haven't - we haven't done anythin' together, anythin' physical.  Let's do some kissin' and maybe a little touchin'."  And that's all - remember that, Logan.  "Let's do that tonight and we'll go from there.  I know head-me is probably, ah, ready to go with full-on naked, but let's just do some stuff tonight and go from there."

"OK."  That was right.  She looks happy.  Yeah, that's it, c'mere baby.  "Show me.  Show me what you like."  Oh, God, who wouldn't wanna hear those words?  That's a fantasy come to life right there - sweet, virginal Marie sayin' show me what you like, big guy.  OK, so she didn't say the 'big guy' part, that was me. 

"Can do, darlin'.  C'mere."





Ah, wakin' up with Marie.  With topless Marie.  Heh.  I got to see parts of her naked. 

"Hey."

"Mornin', birthday girl."

"Mmmm.  Hey."  Sittin' up topless.  I bet she don't even remember she's naked.  I did a good job of makin' her feel pretty comfortable with me last night, if I do say so myself.  "It *is* my birthday, and I seem to remember you saying something about a present."

"Oh, yeah.  Shit, I almost forgot."  Actually, I was gonna give it to her prior to any kinda nakedness, and explain all to her what it meant.  But we can do it now.  "Sit tight a second." 

"I hope it's a good present."  Teasin'.  Teasin' and topless - that's a good combo.  Gotta find that present and get right back to her. 

"I think you'll like it."  Heh.  She did forget she's topless.  She's sittin' right up in bed and those perky breasts are lookin' right at me.  Just gonna take a good long look.

"So give it - oh."  She finally figured it out.  Pullin' the sheet up now.  Damn.  "So give it to me, then."  That's gonna get her a raised eyebrow.  She's blushin' all over too.  "Logan........"

"Oh, all right.  But there's somethin' to say with the present too."  This is the hard part, but I've given it a lotta thought and I think I finally got it right.  "This is from me to you, on your eighteenth birthday.  It means that even though I missed the first, uh, seventeen or so years, I'm gonna be there for the rest of 'em, for the rest of your birthdays from now on.  I wantcha to be there for all of mine too.  I love ya, kid.  Always will."

"Oh, Logan......"

"Go on, open, open it up."  'Cause if I didn't know better, I'd say there was gonna be a tear in my eye here in a second. 

"It's a ring."  See that big smile?  I knew she's like it.  She likes the tags so damn much.  And I like knowin' she's mine. 

"Lemme put it on for ya, darlin'."  There we go.  Gotta be a little careful, what with her bare hands, but I went to sleep with gloves on.  All the better to touch her topless parts with.  Heh. 

"Thank you, thank you so much.  I - I don't know what to say."  Well, that's no cause for tears.  I can fix that, no problem.

"Say you love me.  And say that's what you want too."

"I do.  I do.  I love you a lot and that's exactly what I want too."  Oh, she's lettin' that sheet slip a little.  "Tell me - tell me what we should do now."

"What we should do?"

"What we should do for me to show you how much I love you."  God, so beautiful.  So open, so trustin', so amazin'.  Hey, wait - those brown eyes are gettin' flirty.  Naughty.  Grrrr.  "Show me, big guy." 

"Gettin' some help from head-me, huh?"  Noddin'.  "Lemme help you out a little more there, darlin'."  Maybe it's time.  Maybe it's time to open up that treasure chest a little.  Maybe it's time. 

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives