Moving Day


Title:  Moving Day
Author:  Terri
E-mail:  xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating:  PG-13, heavy lifting, references to furniture carnage
Disclaimer:  I don't own any of them.  Darn.
Archive:  WRFA, Mutual Admiration, Dolphin Haven Peep Hut - anyone else, please ask and I'll happily provide :)
Feedback:  Please?  With whipped cream on top?  Good, bad, and ugly welcome.
Summary:  Rogue decides some changes are in order.
Comments:  After the huge Winter In Yellowstone, I need a fooflet break.  I'm currently thinking about buying a house (I'm *so* not a buyer, I'm totally a renter) and the ensuing move, and that's where this one came from.  Add that to sparkie's bunny about JealousLogan (which I really don't do justice to here - I'd love for someone else to take a crack at it) and the obligation I felt to be at least a little nice to Jean after Winter in Yellowstone and, voila, we have this ;)

---------------------------------------------------------



I am not going to do this.  Nope, no way.  Not going to.  It's up to him to do something.  It's his move, it really is.  "Uh, Logan, are you busy right now?"  Damn.  I did it anyway.  Stupid willpower, where did you go all of a sudden?  Don't let his gorgeousness scare you away.  Come back here!

"No.  You need somethin'?" 

Yes, I need to wrap my legs around you and make you scream my name.  I need that very badly.  "Oh, it's nothing important.  I was just hoping you'd help me move my furniture."  That *is* one of the lamest excuses to get someone into your bedroom in the history of lame excuses.  Very smooth, Rogue. 

"Where're you movin' to?  You ain't movin' in with that Cajun, are ya?  'Cause I toldya, he's nothin' but trouble and ever since ya caught him with that girl..........................."

"I'm not moving in with Remy."  And if the concept bothers you so much, why don't you do something about it, big guy?  You know, something like make a pass at me, take me out somewhere, kiss me until my lips go numb.  I'm open to other suggestions too. 

"Then who?  Is it Hank?  'Cause, Marie, he's not right for you.  I know he's smart and all and I know he can touch ya with the fur, but he's just not right for you."

"It's not Hank.  Logan, I just wanted to move the furniture into a different configuration."  And to get you alone somewhere in the vicinity of my bed. 

"Oh.  Whew."  You know, sometimes, I feel like telling him  - look, I've got your senses.  I can smell that you want me from three rooms over, so just *do* something about it already, would you?  Either do something about it or tell me why you won't.  "Yeah, I'll help ya move stuff.  When?  Now?"

"Yes."  Now, yes, now, before I implode with sexual tension and the Professor has to clean all those little Marie-bits off the walls.  Now.  "Do you mind?"

"Nah.  Look, I've been meanin' to talk to ya anyhow."

"Oh yeah?"  Wanted to tell me that you love me and can't wait any longer to be with me?  Well, go right ahead

"Yeah.  I've been thinkin' about headin' back out on the road for a while, back up north."  Dammit.  That was so *not* what I was hoping you'd say.  "I've been gettin' a little, uh, restless, and I think a coupla months away would do me good."  Translation - Rogue, I must leave you again even though I know I'm the one person you count on the most.  Prolonged exposure to you is hazardous to my sense of bad-ass-ness.  "Kid?"

"I changed my mind."

"Huh?"

Time to stop playing fair.  Time to stop being subtle.  Time to bring out the big guns.  "I said I changed my mind.  I think I will move in with Remy."

"What?"

"Yeah - you don't mind, do you?  His room is just a few doors down, and I'm sure it'll be OK with him."  Or, you know, he'll run screaming at the thought.  Either one.  "I might as well, if you're going to be away for a while again."

"Marie, you can't move in with him.  He's - he's - "  A big jerk who will only cheat on me and break my heart?  Yes, I know that.  But worry not, go on your merry way to the great white north. " - he's an asshole.  He's not right for you."

"Well, then, who is?"  Don't just gape at me, Logan.  Answer the question.  "Who is, Logan?  I'm not going to live the rest of my life celibate and alone, even if my skin is this way.  Who is right for me?"

"Look, I know you're a little upset 'bout me goin' and - " Yeah, just like the pope is a 'little' catholic.  " - and I know it'll be rough, but - "

OK, enough screwing around.  "It'll break my heart.  I've had enough.  I did what you wanted, I took my time, grew up, looked around, dated other guys, but I'm still in love with you.  If you go, well, that tells me something, doesn't it?  I might as well move in with someone else if it's never going to work out between us."  Whew.  Hey, that felt good.  Very off-my-chesty.  "Aren't you going to say something?"

"Marie, you're a young kid still and I don't wanna take advantage.  I don't think we should - "

"Yeah you do.  You do think we should.  But you won't do anything about it.  Well, fine."  You know, fine in the sense of - fine, go ahead and rip my heart out.  Fine, go ahead and crush my soul.  That'll be no problem.  "Just don't ask me to wait around like some kind of virgin locked up in a tower.  I want to be with you, but if you don't want to be with me, I understand.  I have other options.  I can find someone else to love."  Lies, lies, lies

"Marie, kid - "

I guess that's my answer.  It's still 'kid' for me.  "You don't have to explain.  I'll move the furniture.  Goodbye, Logan."  Just keep walking.  That's it.  Don't cry yet.  Don't cry yet.  Just close the door behind you.  Don't cry yet.  He'll still probably smell it.  There we go - bathroom, shower, radio.  No hearing, no smelling, no nothing.  Now I can cry.







It's a good day.  It's a very good day.  I'm just going to keep right on telling myself that I believe that.   Yep, in a few decades, it should start to get convincing.  But, hey, it's not all bad.  Good breakfast, good jog, good workout and training session (from which Logan was notably missing - no, don't think about him), and now I'm going to have a good shower and a good dinner.  Yeah, nothing but good here.  All good, all the time.  Radio goodness.  La casa de happy.  It's great to be me.  Yes, I'll just head to my room and - um, wait a minute.  Where did my room go?  Oh, sure, the room is here, but everything in it - yep, the bathroom's stripped too - everything is gone.

"Uh.."

"Lookin' for somethin'?"

"Aahhhh!"  Am I hallucinating or is that Logan?  Oh, God, I've finally lost it, haven't I?  I tried so hard to convince myself things were good that my brain just snapped.

"Shit, didn't mean to scare ya."  Scare me?  You're a hallucination, of course you're scaring me!  Or - or you're not a hallucination and are actually Logan, yet somehow you are not in Canada.  There's nothing non-scary about any of that. 

"What's wrong?  Why aren't you gone?"  What the hell?  Is he - yes, he is, he's actually hanging his head.  Why would he be - oh, yeah, my major tactlessness of a second ago.  "Not that I want you gone, but - but you said you were going and now you're not.  Not gone.  You're here instead."  And now we know he didn't stick around to hear brilliant repartee from me.

"Yeah." 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." 

Look, I know you're not Exposition Man, but give me a little help here.  "Um, why?"  Hey, it's just a question, don't get all growly and tense because of -

"'Cause of what you said, OK?  There's no - you're not - I'm not gonna - "  Spit it out, but please, *please* don't let go of my shoulders.  "You and me.  No Remy.  No Hank.  You're with me, got it?"

"Uh-huh."   Oh.  My.  God.  Him and me.  Me and him.  He actually said that.

"I mean it, Marie, I'm not foolin' around.  If you're not done lookin' or experimentin' or whatever, you say so now, 'cause I'm not kiddin'.  You take a look at someone else after today, and parts of that someone are gonna get hacked off."

"Uh-huh."  Logan and me.  Me and Logan. 

"And I can't - look, I'd like to make it nice for you and everythin', and I will, but I can't go slow.  Once I touch ya, that's it, there's no stoppin'.  So we don't hafta do anythin' right away, but when you're ready and we do, uh, go ahead and do stuff, it's gotta be all at once.  I'm sorry, I'd like to be able to do it different, but I don't think I can."

"Uh-huh."  Logan and me doing stuff.  Lots of stuff. 

"And after that, I swear, if I leave, you're goin' with me 'cause I'm gonna hafta have you close all the time.  All the time, Marie.  I know it's caveman or possessive or some bullshit but it is the way I'm hard-fuckin'-wired, OK?  I gotta know you're OK, know you're close, and you or me bein' away from each other for weeks at a time - that just ain't gonna happen."

"Uh-huh."  Me and Logan, together all the time, doing stuff.  Oh.  My.  God.  It *is* a good day!  You were right, brain!  "Logan?"

"Yeah?" 

Don't ever stop looking at me like you are now.  Don't ever stop looking at me with so much passion, so much love.  And never, ever let me go.  "Kiss me."  I've got a scarf.  I know you want to and, God, I want to too.

"Marie, didn't ya hear what I just said about - "

"I heard it.  I understand it.  Kiss me.  Now, Logan, right now."  Because if he gets to set rules, I do too and rule number one is kiss me when I ask you to.  See?  I'm not that demanding, I don't ask for much, really.  I - "Mmmm."  Now, that's a kiss.








"Hey, Logan?  Do you want to get off the floor?"  I'm sure comfy - well, who wouldn't be, lying on top of you? - but I bet you're not.  The floor is cold.  And hard.

"Sure, kid."  OK, I know it's completely wrong for me to get such a big flutter when he calls me that, but it's cute, it's a pet name.  "Wanna get some dinner?  You gotta be hungry." 

"You wore me out, sugar.  I don't think I have the energy for dinner."  Or for more sex, at least not at the moment.  Who knew that he always carried three condoms in his wallet? 

"I'll bring ya some up, huh?  Gotta keep your strength up."  God, that little leer - it's cute.  I actually think it's cute.  He's leering at me in a totally 'hey, baby, you know you like it' way, and it's cute.  Everything about him is cute, now that I think about it.  There's no non-cute in there at all.

"OK.  Um, hey, by the way - do you know what happened to my stuff?"  Because I will need to put clothes on again eventually and I should try to locate them.  Of course, we're talking about the far future, like, the men-living-on-Pluto future, but still.

"Huh?"

"My stuff.  You know, all the things that once were in this room and are now gone?"  That smile, although dead sexy, is not an answer to my question.  "What?"

"You said you wanted to move the furniture.  I moved it.  Into my room."  Heh.  I really should've gotten that.  And I would've, if my brain and other, um, parts, hadn't been so thoroughly occupied elsewhere. 

"Really?  Well, I guess I'm just going to have to move with it, then.  Can't have my furniture running off without me."  Oh yeah, I know you like to be teased.  Come here, sugar.  Screw dinner.  I've got better things for us to do.  "In fact, I miss it already.  I can't wait to be reunited with it.  My bed in particular, it's been very close to me and - ooh!"  No fair scooping me up like that right in the middle of a perfectly good tease.

"I can reintroduce ya.  But I think you should meet my bed too, darlin'.  Don't wanna hurt it's feelin's, now do ya?"  He's actually going to carry me naked to his room.  I'm naked in the hallway.  Naked! 

"Can't have that.  Is it, ah, cold in here or is it just my extreme nudity?"  For someone who'd hack off parts of people I looked at wrong, he's sure pretty cavalier about me parading naked through the mansion.  Thank God no one's out here. 

"I'll keep ya plenty warm.  You're mine, kid, and that's how it's gonna be from now on."  OK, I get it now - this isn't parading me around naked, this is the Wolverine showing everyone I'm naked just for him, that I'm his, uh, babe, and that we do naked things now.  OK, well, as long as no one actually sees me, that's fine.  Especially as long as no one like -

"Rogue!"  Especially as long as no one like Scott sees me.  Great. 

"Grrr."

"Hi Mr. Summers."  Please let Logan's hand be covering most of the critical parts down south.  I can turn my boobs into his chest, but the way he's got me scooped up, I just have a feeling that I'm a little open for display down there. 

"What are you two doing?"  Oh-oh.  You better not agitate Logan too much there, fearless leader.  He's not in the mood for it at the moment.  Plus, he'd have to put me down, which would result in 100% nakedness.  That would be bad. 

"None of your goddamn - "

"Moving!  We're, uh, moving.  Some of my things.  We're moving some of my things to Logan's room.  Um, me included."  Hey, I didn't know I could blush in that spot.  Hmmm.  "So we've, ah, gotta go.  Bye now."

"Grrrr.."  Yes, that's it, sugar, just keep going down the hall, ignore Scott.  Put your back to him and keep walking down that hall, and I'll just contribute by thanking *God* that most of my personal parts are hidden from view behind you.

"Logan!  You come back here!  You - "

"Not now, Scott."  Jean - God bless that woman.  She's got a hell of a sense of timing.  "Come back inside."  I really have to get her flowers or bake her a cake or something for this.  I really have to - oh, no way.  No way.  He was totally serious.  He moved every bit of my furniture in here.  Everything.  There's two beds, two dressers, two trunks, two desks, two little fridges - two of all the standard-issue mansion furniture. 

"Uh, Logan?"

"Yeah?"  Still growly, I see.

"You know, we can push the beds together.  That way they could, ah, share us, and neither would feel left out."  Hello, *that* struck a chord with my man.  "But all the other furniture - we won't need all this stuff."

"Sure we will.  We're bound to break at least one desk or bed or dresser, dontcha think?  Uh, Marie?"  My breathing stopped a little there.  Sorry.

"Sounds good to me, sugar.  Want to join me over here?"  Definitely still growly.  And in a very good way.  Sorry, furniture, but some of you aren't long for this world.  At least you got a little trip and a change of scenery before you're going to get dispatched to the big furniture factory in the sky.  And I get a little something out of the whole deal too.  Heh.  Moving day - yep, it's definitely a very good day indeed.

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives