Baby Girl


Title:  Baby Girl
Author:  Terri
Rating:  NC-17, dark sexual themes, incest
Disclaimer:  Nobody belongs to me.  Darn!
Archive:  Are you sure you want this one?
Feedback:  Please-even if it's just to say I need professional help
Warning:  BadJean ahead
Summary:  Rogue has some Daddy issues, and Logan wants to help her work them out.
Comments:  I guess fyrdrakken's Daddy's Little Girl has stuck in my head longer than I thought.  I said to Keli after reading that story that there's just something about hearing someone say "daddy" in bed that squicks me out to no end.  Of course, she challenged me for a story where Rogue did that.  This was also the product of two plot bunnies flung in response to a recent request on the TerriKelific list.  One was from a reader who wanted to remain anonymous, but asked for a story where Rogue was a victim of incest and she tells Logan about it.  The other was from Mels who, innocently enough, asked for a fic where Jean eavesdrops on a Logan/Marie conversation and gets a surprise when Logan doesn't react like she thinks he might to news of her breakup with Scott.  I cannot stress enough that Mels' plot bunny had nothing to do with twisted sexual themes, so don't blame her for any of that-that's all the product of my twisted brain-sorry Mels!  But Mels did make me think-yeah, Jean would eavesdrop like that.  A few real-life things influenced this story too.  One was a discussion with a friend of mine who's an attorney about a medical malpractice case she was trying against a psychiatrist who had been treating a teenage victim of incest.  Another was a recent conversation with a friend who doesn't believe in psychiatry-she thinks the whole field is a complete crock, and while I don't necessarily agree with that, she did make a couple very good points.  Lastly, I've just had a really bad week and I felt the need to punish Jean for that ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------


"..and so I just ended up going shopping with Jubes."  Oh-oh.  I didn't mean to-that must be Rogue on the phone with Logan.  I didn't mean to pick up in the middle of their conversation.  I'll just-

"Don't get upset about it, precious."  Precious?  Precious?  I know he's got a soft spot for her, but who would've ever expected the Wolverine to utter the word "precious"?  Ah, well, I know he thinks of her as a little kid sister, or a daughter. 

"I know I shouldn't.  And I didn't-I don't really care what some stupid guy thinks of me anyway, but I just-it just hurts, you know?"  I wonder what happened.  I know that Bobby and Remy have been pursuing her.  And I've encouraged her to give up her crush on Logan.  He just doesn't-well, he doesn't think of her that way, and there's no reason not to date boys her own age.  It would be good for her.

"Well, they are stupid.  And you shouldn't care.  Don't mean nothin'."

"It's just..I just wish I could be different sometimes, you know."  I've been worried about her-she's had a difficult time adjusting here since Logan left.  He's called every few days since he left, and I'm not sure that's the best course of action.  It's not helping her let go.  In fact, that was one of the last few things Scott and I argued about.  We need to take more aggressive measures to acclimate her to life here, whether she wants to be acclimated or not.  She's going to be here for a while.  She might be done with school, but she's not-

"I wouldn't change a thing about ya, kid.  You're perfect as-is."  That's sweet, it is, but he should really be helping her to recognize where she needs to improve and -

"You're biased.  And you think Jean's perfect.  I'm about as far from Jean as it gets.."  I know she perceives me as some sort of rival, and not to be too blunt, but I'm a woman and she's a young girl.  Logan just doesn't think of us both the same way. 

"We've talked about this, Marie."  Good, maybe he's-maybe he's going to encourage her to give up her crush.  Maybe he realizes -

"Jean broke up with Scott."  Oh.  I didn't think she'd tell him that.  I wonder what he'll say.  I wonder if-

"What happened?"

"I don't know.  Nobody knows."  Well, we have kept it pretty quiet.  It's private, and everyone doesn't need to know our business.  It was-he was young, and it was bound to end.  He's just not-I need someone older, more experienced.  Someone like-"But she moved out and Scott looks really sad all the time."

"Shit.  I woulda never figured that."  I wonder if he'll come back.  Maybe I should- "Well, that's too bad."

"It means she's available.."  She's testing him, and she shouldn't.  She thinks he'll reassure her, but I've never known him to lie.

"Not interested.  You know that."  What?  Not-not-he shouldn't do that.  He shouldn't be dishonest with her because she'll only get hurt when-

"Well, you can change your mind.  I just thought you should know, you know, before you get back."  He's coming back?  He's-we all expected him to be gone a year, at least.  It's only been six months. 

"I ain't changin' my mind.  You're my baby girl."  Baby girl?  What the hell?

"Come back soon, OK?"  God, that's the sigh of a teenager in love if I ever heard one.  She's really going to get hurt when-

"In a few days, all right?  I'll be back in a few days, a week tops."

"Be careful.  I-I miss you, Logan.  A lot."

"I know, kid.  I'm comin'.  See you soon."  It's sweet how he's so careful with her, it is.  Sweet.





I'm just stopping by.  Casually.  Yes, casually.  He won't notice that I've touched up my makeup and put on the dark red lipstick.  Casually.  He's been back for a whole day, and I'm just stopping by to say hello.  It's-it's late, but I thought he might be up.  That's it-casual.

"Feel better?"  Is-Rogue can't still be in there with him.  She hasn't left his side since he got back, and really, it's unhealthy.  I should just knock and interrupt them.

"Y-yeah.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to fall asleep."  She slept here?  That's-that's unacceptable.

"It's OK, kid.  Why don't you just lay back down, all right?  It's OK, I'm covered.  You just lay back down and forget all about that nightmare."  He's-what?-letting her sleep over?  That's just plain wrong.  He's encouraging her, doesn't he realize that?  He's just encouraging her.

"Would you-would you cuddle me?"

"Sure, baby girl.  C'mere."  He can't possibly think that's a good idea.  Her skin aside, it's not giving her the right idea.  I mean, even if he calls her 'baby girl', I'd be willing to bet money she doesn't hear that and she just thinks-

"I'm really glad you're back, Logan."

"Me too.  Missed ya."  I've got to talk with him about this.  It's-he's going to end up hurting her, and I have to protect Rogue.  I'll catch him first thing in the morning. 






"Logan, all I'm saying is that it's not right to lead her on this way."

"Somethin's up with her, Jeannie, she needs me.  Somethin's botherin' her."

"Then she can talk to me.  Or the Professor.  She needs someone who's trained to deal with-"

"She needs someone who knows her and who loves her and who'll do what it takes to fix whatever the hell it is.  That's me."

"I didn't realize you two had become so close."

"I gotta go.  She's waitin' for me in the rec room.  Hockey game's on."

"But, Logan-"

"I was sorry to hear about you and Scooter.  That's too bad."

"Yes, well, he just-we just weren't right for each other and I thought that it would be best if we-"

"Yeah.  I gotta go."






"There you are." 

"Yeah.  Was talkin' to Jeannie in the kitchen."

"Oh yeah?  What's up with her?"  I'm not going to linger.  I'm not going to listen, really.  I can't help hearing as I pass through, that's all.

"Worried I'm leadin' you on and stuff."

"Oh.  Wh-what did you tell her?"

"Hey, kid, everything's OK.  I just-I just told her I wasn't, that's all."  See?  That's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.  It means one thing to Logan, but to Rogue..

"The Avalanche is up three-nothing." 

"Baby, relax, OK?  Everything's all right."

"Am I still your precious?"

"'Course."  Uck.  That's enough.  I don't really care to hear any more.






"ShhhIt's all right, it's all right."  I can't believe this.  I can't.  She's-she's sleeping in his room again.  That's got to stop.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-I was just-"

"It's all right, kid.  I liked it.  It's all right."

"You l-liked it?"

"Yeah.  You can do it some more if you want."  God, I hope he's not talking about what I think he's talking about.

"Can I-can I touch you like this?"

"You sure, baby girl?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"Go on, go ahead."  Oh God, he couldn't-he-he wouldn't-

"Show meshow me how to do it."

"Just like you are.  That's-that's good, it's good."

"Faster?"

"Unnhhhh.yeah"  Oh my God!  He's-he's letting her touch him!  What the hell could he possibly be thinking?  She's a child!

"Can I-I want to make you-"

"Yes!  Keep goin', keep goin, don't stop."  God, I'm sick, I'm just sick.  I can't believe he's doing this!  "Unnhgrrrgrrr.."

"Logan."

"GRRRR!" 

"Oh!"  Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable.  He's-he's just *sick*.  The Professor won't like this.  Not one bit.

"You-you OK, precious?"

"Yeah.  Was it-did I do OK?"

"So good, baby, so good."

"Cuddle me, OK?  Cuddle me a little bit."

"C'mere.  That's it, just-good, right there."  He's not going to get away with this, he's not.  It's-it's the worst kind of abuse to take advantage of Rogue this way.  She-she worships the ground he walks on, and she's just a child.  "Rogue, baby?  Do you-do you want me to touch you?"  Oh, God.

"N-no.  Not-not unless you want to.  I just-I don't know."  Listen to her-no idea how to handle anything sexual.  Poor girl.

"Whatever you want, baby girl.  Whatever you need.  You just tell me."

"Cuddle me.  I-I need that a lot, Logan, OK?"  That's so sad-she's-no one touches her and she's trying to get affection through sex.  So sad.  Pathetic, really.

"'Course, baby.  I gotcha."








I can't believe that Charles refused to intervene.  I don't care if she's legally an adult, it's not a private matter.  We all care so much about Rogue and-

"Oh!"  Oh, God, they're at it again.  It's really-it's really indecent that they can be heard in the hall.  I know they're the only room on this end of the wing, but people pass through sometimes, like I am now.  They should really try to keep it down.

"That's it, that's it, baby.  Feels so good.  Feels so good inside you."  That's exactly what I was afraid of.  Exactly.  Now they're having sex-well, some kind of sex, who knows what they're doing with her skin like it is. 

"Logan!  LOGAN!"  So sad, so awful.  Poor Rogue, she doesn't even realize he's using her.

"Unnh!!!!!!!!"

"Oh, oh Logan, that was so..that was so."

"C'mere, baby girl, c'mere."  It's a little icky that he can still call her 'baby girl' after he's just, just*defiled* her like that.  "You OK?"

"Mmm-hmmm."

"Honey, can I-can I ask you somethin'?"

"I know what you're going to ask."  That was quiet-just a terrified little whisper, really.  God, if he's making her do things, I'll have to talk to Charles again and get him to see that-"I wasn't a virgin."  Not a virgin?  But how -

"Yeah, baby.  I just-I guess I kinda thought you were.  Is-is everything OK?"

"I-I-"

"Shh.  Don't cry, it's OK."

"I'm so sorry, Logan.  I'm so sorry I couldn't give that to you.  I know-I know you wanted-"

"No, baby, no precious, shh.  It's OK, don't cry.  It's OK.  Just tell me-tell me what's wrong.  Tell me what happened."

"I-it was my dad.  I was-I was ten when it started.  I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."  Oh God, that's-that's so awful.  So terrible.  She's-that's got to be just awful for her.  And Logan-he doesn't know what to say, either.  He's probably just shocked.  There's no way he'll be able to deal with this. 

"Shhhh.  It's OK.  It's OK.  Just let it out, honey.  I don't-you don't have anythin' to be sorry about."

"B-but I do.  I could never stop him.  I-I tried to run away and I tried to get my mom to help me, even one of my teachers, but.but it was a small town and I couldn't-I'm just so sorry.  I'm just so sorry I had to give that to him and not you, Logan.  I'm so sorry."  I've got to-the Professor needs to know this.  She needs counseling and whatever Logan thinks he's doing with her has to stop.  Immediately. 

"I'm not upset about that, honey, just-that you hadta go through that, that he hurt you.  I'm gonna-I swear, I'm gonna kill him.  I'm gonna make him hurt for what he did to you.  I promise, Marie."  Marie?  That must-that must be her real name.  Oh, God, the poor girl. 

"Can you get my mom too?  She never helped, she just "  There were little choking noises there-laughter?  I don't think she's serious.  No, no she wouldn't be.

"I'll kill 'em both, I swear it to you."

"I just feel..I just feel so awful about it, you know?  He never-he never took care of me or did any of the good things.  He never cuddled me or held me when I cried or said nice things, even.  He just-he just did what he wanted to with me.  And it hurt-it hurt so bad.  Sometimes so bad I couldn't walk, couldn't go to school.  I tried running away, but.he always just found me and then it was worse.  It wasn't until-not until my mutation that he-he let me go.  He couldn't-I guess he knew he couldn't make me do those things anymore or he'd get hurt, so why keep me around?"

"I'm gonna kill that bastard slow."

"Logan, do you-are you-I'm sorry, you know?  I'm just sorry I couldn't be what you thought or-"

"Hey, none of that.  Just stop it.  I'm glad you told me, Marie.  I love you, you know that.  Always.  No matter what."  That's-I know he's just saying that to comfort her, but it's not-that can't be helping.  Not when it turns out not to be true in the long run.

"Am I-am I still your precious?"

"Yeah, you are.  Always will be.  Marie-did I-when I called you baby girl, was that bad for you?"  Thank God at least he has some clue that his behavior has been totally inappropriate and -

"No, no.  I-I want to be your baby girl, still.  Please, OK?  I need that, I "

"You don't hafta explain it, you don't.  You're still my baby girl."  Oh, God, I can't believe he's going along with this.  He needs to explain to her it's *wrong*.

"Promise?"

"Promise."  I've got to see Charles.  Right away.








"It ain't none of your goddamn mother-fuckin' business!"

"Logan, calm down.  I wanted to discuss this with you before-"

"Before what?  Before you go peerin' into my head again without tellin' me?"

"I did no such thing.  Jean brought this matter to my attention."

"I don't give a good shit which one of ya was in my head, I-"

"Jean overheard you."

".rrrrrrrrrrr."

"Logan, this is a serious matter.  These are serious issues for Rogue.  She must deal with them."

"She is.  Her and me are gonna take care of it."

"Logan, you're not trained to deal with these kids of things.  You're not-"

"I love her more than anythin' on this earth and I love her more than any of you.  She needs to work it out like she needs to, not how it fits into some dumbass psychiatric theory.  I know her.  I can help her through it.  Shit, I knew, even before she told me, I knew somethin' was up-why-why'd ya think I started callin' her 'precious' and shit?  She needs that, she needs someone real soft with her like that, fawnin' all over her like that.  She never got that and she needs it."

"The two of you having sex while she is confronting these issues is not healthy."

"It's what she needs right now.  I ain't gonna-shit, Chuck, I'd never force anythin' on her or do somethin' to hurt her.  She's-she needs me like that now, and I don't really give a shit what anybody thinks about that."

"I can't allow-"

"It ain't up to you to 'allow'.  If you don't want us livin' here, I'll be happy to take her up outta here.  You know I'll do it, and you know she'll go."

"Is that an ultimatum?"

"Whatever.  But I'll tell ya somethin'-she's never gonna know that you or Jeannie know what she told me.  She'll feel like shit.  Like absolute shit, Chuck.  She trusted *me* enough to tell me.  That means I gotta be the one to help her through it."

"Logan, you can't-"

"The last time I checked, I was a grown man and she was all grown up too.  We can do whatever we decide to.  What you can do, Chuck-you can let us stay-'cause I ain't in a hurry to shake her all up, move her outta her home right now-you can let us stay and keep an eye on her, or you can get all pissy and we'll go.  Those are your fuckin' choices."

"I won't force you to go.  I won't speak of what I know to Rogue, at least not now, and I'll instruct Jean to do likewise.  But Logan, I will insist that you encourage her to talk to me.  Strongly."

"Fine.  But no more goddamn eavesdroppin' outside my door."

"And you can't seriously be thinking of murdering her parents, Logan.  That won't solve anything."

"We're done talkin'."





I'm just going to check, just to be sure that Rogue is all right.  I don't understand Charles' position on all this, I truly don't.  She's obviously in desperate need of some kind of intervention. 

"Mmmmyes.."  And I can't believe Logan.  I knew he was-well, rough around the edges.  I didn't think he'd use a young girl to gratify his own sexual needs, one who's clearly not mentally well.

"Talk to me, baby.  Tell me."

"I'm yours, Logan.  I love you so much."

"Yes..more, Marie, more.."

"I want to be yours, only yours.  I-oh!-I want to be all yours, all of me."

"Yes, baby, yes."

"You're the only one I've ever wanted, the only one I've ever loved."

"Oh, Marie.."

"Unnnh!  Yes, Logan, I-you're-you're-"

"Grrr!"

"You're the only one I'll-ah!-the only one I'll ever- mmmph!-the only one I'll ever come for, the only-oh!"  Oh, Lord, that's just-I don't even know words for how much that turns my stomach.

"GRRRR!"

"Yes!"

"Marie!  Rrrwwwlll!"

"Yes!"

"Baby-baby girl, yes!"  God, that's-how can he call her that?  It's so twisted, and -

"Uh! Daddy!"  Oh my God.  Oh my God.

"GRWWLL!"

"YES!!!"  I can't believe that-this-this is how Logan thinks she's working her problems out?  By pretending he's her father in bed?  That's sick and it has to stop, it just-

"Oh, Marielove you, love you so much"

"I didn't-I didn't mean to call you that.  I didn't."  She's crying now, and I'm not surprised.  This is not the way to work this out.  She's sick and she needs professional help.  I have to-I have to go, I can't listen to any more of this.

"It's OK.  It's all right.  Shhh."

"It's-I don't think of him when we're together.  I'm not thinking you're like him or anything.  Not at all.  It just  - it just came out."

"It's OK, Marie.  It's OK."

"I just-I guess I just needed to-I don't know, I don't know."

"Say it, honey, just say it."

"I wanted it to be different.  I didn't-you don't hurt me, and you cuddle me and you say and do nice things, and I just wanted it to be different once.  I didn't think of you as him or of you as my actual father or anything, I just-I needed to live through it and make it turn out different, just once."

"That's all right.  It's OK."

"I'm sorry.  Did it-did it freak you out?"

"No, honey, no.  It was all right.  You can say that if you need to, I understand."

"I think-I think I still want-I don't want those good things, those sweet things to go away.  I still want to be your baby girl.  But I think-I think maybe I want to be your woman too."

"I know, honey.  I know you're still workin' that out.  It's OK.  And none of the good stuff is ever gonna change.  You're my baby girl, my woman, my precious, my everythin'."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, honey.  I love you too, baby." 







"I know you were out there, I smelled ya.  Now that I know you're eavesdroppin' on us, I was smellin' for ya."

"She needs help, Logan.  She doesn't need to cry out 'Daddy!' while you're having sex with her.  Don't you see how sick that is?"

"I generally don't hit women, Jeannie, but you're pushin' it."

"How dare you-"

"How dare you go pokin' into our private lives?  What gives you the right, huh?  You think just 'cause you read a lotta books and passed some test that you know how to fix everybody?  Is that it?"

"Yes, Logan, that is it.  I'm a professionally trained doctor.  I can help her talk through these issues, I can help her get better.  You're not helping her."

"The hell I ain't.  She needs-she needs to know it ain't all like that.  She needs someone showin' they love her.  She knows what she needs to fix it, Jeannie, and I can make her feel safe enough to ask for what she needs."

"You have no idea how to help her, Logan.  No idea."

"Don't much matter what you have to say.  I ain't stayin' here.  I ain't havin' you outside my door when I'm in bed with her, judgin' us and shakin' your head at what goes on.  That's bullshit.  That's bullshit and we're outta here."






"Professor?"

"Yes, Rogue, please come in.  How are you?"

"I'm fine.  How are you?"

"Very well, thank you.  Logan tells me that the two of you have decided to move out."

"Yes.  I don't think-well, I think it's just time for him to get back out on the road again."

"Is that why he told you he wants to leave?"

"Um, yes.  Is there-is there another reason?"

"No, no.  I simply wanted to make sure that was what he was thinking."

"Oh.  Well, he, um, he said that you wanted to see me before we left."

"Yes, I did.  Rogue, I've suspected that there are some issues, perhaps in your past, that have been bothering you lately.  I just want you to know that-"

"Did Logan say something to you?  Did he say-"

"No.  No, that is my own observation."

"Oh.  I just-I don't really want to talk about it, Professor.  Not with you."

"Would you feel more comfortable with Jean?"

"No."

"Rogue, are these serious issues?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Have you felt comfortable speaking to anyone about them?"

"Just Logan."

"Have you felt that he's helped you with these issues?"

"Yes, but-but I think I'm still working them out, you know, in my own head."

"Is there anyone else, anyone else at all, that you'd like to speak with about this?"

"No."

"I want you to know, Rogue, that you may tell me anything, and I will still care very much for you.  My view of you won't change."

"Thanks, Professor, but I just-I can't-"

"It's fine, Rogue.  I won't push.  But my door is always open for you."

"Maybe-maybe someday.  If I can-maybe one day."

"Very well, Rogue.  Safe travels."






"You OK, kid?"

"Yeah.  A little sad to leave, but I'm OK.  Glad to be going with you, don't get me wrong."

"Sorry to drag you outta there.  I just-you know me, sometimes I get the urge to be on the road."

"It's OK.  I'm glad you took me with you this time."

"Yeah.  I was thinkin'-maybe you know, from now on, you could just come along.  If you wanted."

"You wouldn't mind?"

"'Course not, baby girl."

"I love you a lot, you know.  You're-you're putting up with a lot of my baggage and I appreciate that."

"Nothin' to it.  I wanna give you what you need, you know?  Just-whatever you need, you let me know, and I'll give it."

"Did I tell you that I love you a lot?"

"I think you mentioned it, yeah.  But I could hear it as much as you wanna say it, you know."

"I'm not-I'll get better.  I know I'm not through it all, I know I'm not OK with it yet."

"I know you'll be just fine.  And you-you deal with a lotta my shit too.  It's just what we do, you know?  It's just what we do for each other."

"You're precious to me too, you know that?  You really are."

"Just don't call me that in public.  I got a reputation to maintain, ya know?"

"OK, big guy.  Just in bed."

"Speakin' of-you wanna find a motel soon?"

"Sure.  It really is going to get better, isn't it?  It is going to be OK, isn't it?"

"If I have anythin' to say about it, it sure as hell is.  Don't you worry.  Don't you worry, darlin'.  I'm gonna make it OK for my baby girl, that's for sure."

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives