Eighteen Questions, Final Take


Title: Eighteen Questions, Final Take
Author: Terri
Rating: PG-13
Archive: Ask, and I will say - sure, why not?
Disclaimer: I don't own them, but at least for this series, I'm almost done playing with them.
Feedback: Please? With whipped cream on top?
Summary: Sequel to Eighteen Pros and Cons. Final installment of the Eighteen series. Logan and Rogue have a little talk as they head back home.
Series:  Eighteen #36
Comments: Last one! Whoo-hoo! I have to totally credit my brbf for helpin me in the final stretch. She made sure there was an ending that seemed right for the story. I'm immensely happy it's finished, and that at least I feel OK about it. But for some reason, I'm a little bummed to see it go too.....

--------------------------------------------------------------


"I'm glad we decided to go back up. I really like the cabin in summer."

"Me too. 'Specially 'cause you like to do it on the porch."

"Hey! I like to do it lots of places."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You know, basically wherever you are is a good place."

"I feel pretty much the same way, darlin'. Hey-can you turn on the radio?"

"Sure."

"You know, we'll need to come back down again before winter sets in."

"Yeah. Late September, you think?"

"That should be good. Have you got enough art stuff to last you until then?"

"I think so. Unless I hit a mega-creative streak, this should do."

"We can always come down more if we need to, we'll just have to be sure to be careful."

"Hmm."

"What?"

"Just thinking about Mystique and Sabretooth. I was wondering what's happening to them now."

"Painful torture for the both of 'em, I hope."

"Me too. I was thinking too-what if I'd been raised by them? What if she'd kept me after I was born?"

"You'd probably still be the same person."

"Really? You think so?"

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure of it, actually."

"You don't think I would have turned out evil, like them?"

"Aw, hell no."

"How can you be sure?"

"I know you. Shit, darlin', you lost your whole past, you lost all your memories, but you were still my Marie, from day one. It's just who you are. You're good, no matter what. Even they couldnta changed that."

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"Well, it's what you keep tellin' me, baby."

"It's true. I think-I think we're doing the right thing. I want to spend our lives together, and as peaceful as possible. I want to just be with you, always."

"Me too. Always."

"So you think we did the right thing?"

"Yeah, I do. But if they ever come to that cabin, they're fuckin' dead meat. I swear to God I will kill them both in the most fuckin' painful way I can think of. And I can be pretty fuckin' creative when I set my mind to it."

"Let's not talk about them anymore, OK? Let's talk about what we're going to do when we get there."

"Bed. You and me. Immediately."

"There are other beds between here and there, you know."

"They're not the same as doin' it in our bed. I like our bed best."

"You know what I think? I think you're a closet romantic."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Oh, all right, you're a bad ass. I won't tell anyone otherwise."

"I just like doin' certain things with you, you know? Just you. Don't apply to anyone else."

"That's fine by me, sugar. I'm not looking to share you with anybody. So what else are we going to do-you know, after bed?"

"I guess we'll just have to figure that out, won't we? I guess we'll just have to figure that out, darlin'."


 

Back To Index   Back To Archive