Eighteen Pros and Cons

Title: Eighteen Pros and Cons
Author: Terri
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own either one :(
Archive: Ask, and I will gladly provide.
Feedback: Please? With a cherry on top?
Summary: Sequel to Eighteen Flashbacks. Logan and Rogue have a logical discussion about whether or not to pursue the bad guys.
Series:  Eighteen #35
Comments: One of my best friends always says that the best way to make a big decision is to make a list of all the reasons to do something and all the reasons not to. Count them up, and, voila, decision made. I've never been able to do that, to actually make a decision that way, but it's a nice idea.....


------------------------------------------------------------


"Well, she couldn't have gone that far, and we should be able to find her. If we find her, we can kill her."

"Well, that's definitely one in the plus column there."

"Killing Sabretooth is a definite plus as well."

"Hell yeah. I'm gonna fuck him up real good."

"It would give us both some closure."

"And revenge."

"That too."

"It would keep you safe from them for the rest of your life. No more of this bein' attacked shit."

"It would keep the rest of the world safe from them too. I mean, thank God Jubilee's fine this time, but......"

"Yeah."

"There are also some reasons we shouldn't chase Mystique or try to find Sabretooth, Logan."

"Like?"

"Like Sabretooth could be very hard to find. The government's probably got him buried pretty deep."

"We got time."

"True. But there's also the chance that we could alert the government to us. I mean, they're still not sure it was you in Los Alamos. And-well, hopefully-they don't know anything about me."

"That's true. I don't wanna risk them gettin' a hold of you."

"Plus, there's always the chance that you and I, even together, couldn't kill him even if we did find him. He might end up hurting or killing us."

"He ain't gonna kill me. And you'd be stayin' the hell away from him."

"But why go to all that trouble if the government's screwing with him for us? I mean, they might end up killing him themselves."

"I wanna do it. He's fuckin' mine."

"OK. OK. I understand. There are other reasons, though."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I don't want to lose you. You could get hurt, killed, or captured by the government. That's definitely one in the minus column."

"I ain't-"

"Logan, you can't be sure. You can't be sure. Look at our past. Don't-I don't want to take that chance."

"Darlin'...."

"And what about me? If something happens to you or not, I could be left alone for a while and something could happen to me then. That's a minus as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to have to think about the possibility of having to face Sabretooth or the government men without you."

"No. No, I don't either. OK, that's a minus."

"Another reason is just....I want to put it behind us. I don't want to obsess over it. It-it could take months to find them both. I don't want it to take up that much of our lives. That would be a big minus to me."

"OK. I see that. What else?"

"We'd still be in the survival mode. So much of our life-at least what I remember-is in the survival mode. We've barely had any time to just live and be happy. I want that. And I don't want to have to wait to have it."

"I know what you mean there, baby. I-I don't want to put that off either."

"And I want us to build a life. A normal life. I want-I want to try to learn to control my mutation and-"

"Whoa. Hang on there. I thought we were gonna talk about doin' that 'cause it's dangerous. Your head-"

"We will talk about it. We will. And I'll be safe, as safe as possible if we decide to try. But if we go after them, well, it's just more time lost. Less time I'll have to get it right."

"I dunno."

"We don't have to talk about all that now. There are more reasons not to go after them that I want to talk about."

"Go ahead."

"I'm-I'm not sure I'm up to it. I-all this stuff with Sabretooth and Mystique not really being dead, I need time to deal with it. If we wait, the trail will get colder, I know, but I just don't know if I can really-"

"You don't hafta explain that one, darlin'. I know."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I understand. It's OK."

"I'm really sorry. I feel....I don't know....weak for needing that. But I do. I know I do."

"It's OK. It ain't weak. It's normal. You've been through a helluva lot, baby."

"Thanks. Thanks for understanding that. I love you a lot, you know?"

"Love you too. It's gonna be OK. It will. Like it always is. I promise you, baby."

"Good. Because I believe that. I really, really do."

"Anythin' else?"

"Yeah. I don't want to stay at the mansion. That's trivial, I know, but we'd need the Professor's help, and I don't like staying here. It's a minus, but not a huge one."

"OK."

"That's it. Any for you? Any that we haven't mentioned?"

"Just two. On the plus side-you're safest with them dead."

"We said that already."

"It should count twice, definitely. 'Cause that's the most important thing."

"OK, sugar. What's the other one?"

"All I wanna do right now is take you back home. Take you back home, put you in our bed, and make love to you over and over. Can't do that if we decide to go after 'em instead. I mean, we have stuff now. I never had this - a home, someone I loved so damn much, a life that I love, you know? I wanna keep that, and I don't wanna give up a single second of it if I can help it."

"I want that too."

"Then, I guess we're decided. Hmm."

"What?"

"Never thought I'd see the day that I passed on a chance for bloody revenge."

"We've got something better to get to. Something a lot better."

"Yeah, we do. We sure do, darlin'."

 

Back To Index   Back To Archive