Eighteen Sentences to Say Goodbye

Title: Eighteen Sentences to Say Goodbye
Author: Terri
Email: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG
Summary: Sequel to Eighteen Questions, Take Five. Jubilee and Kitty set out to talk to Rogue.
Series: Eighteen #23
Disclaimer: Nobody belongs to me.
Archive: Ask, and ye shall receive.
Feedback: Please? With a cherry on top?
Author's Notes: More in the series to come....I was sorely tempted to end it here, but my beta reading best friend (brbf) didn't like that idea. First, she said I couldn't because there were too many loose ends. Then, she said I couldn't because the story's not done. I kinda shrugged. But when she said that I couldn't end it now because I'd already written more than eighteen stories for the series, and I couldn't end it without a meta-eighteen of some sort, I was just anal-retentive enough to listen. Can you say obsession? I think I can.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Hello? Don't kill us, OK? It's just Jubilee and Kitty. We come bearing apologies."

"I don't hear anything, Jubes. Maybe they went out."

"Hello? Wolvmeister? Come out, come out wherever you are...."

"I hope nothing happened...."

"Hello?"

"Maybe we should go in. What if they're in trouble or something?"

"OK, Kit, but if Logan goes ballistic, I'm telling him it was your idea....."

"Whoa, Jubes, there's nothing here. They're not here."

"Shit. Looks like they cleared out. Dammit!"

"Jubes, look, there's something on the table."

"Note from them, I bet. Fuck."


Don't come after us. I don't want to return to the mansion. I don't want to have anything to do with any of you. I don't want your help. Don't try to find us with that brain thing, either. I won't come back, ever. Not after what happened. If you try to make me, I'll have to hurt you. You were my friends once, or so Logan says. I don't want to hurt you unless I have to. Just leave me alone.
I left some of the things that Logan said the Professor bought for us. Take them back, I don't want them. Logan said that the Professor was always good to me, so tell him thank you. Tell Jubilee I'm sorry that I don't remember her. I wish I had the chance to get to know her. And tell Jean that if I ever see her again, I won't wait for her to attack me. I'll go first next time.

Rogue

"Shit."