Eighteen Questions, Take Four

Title: Eighteen Questions, Take Four
Author: Terri
Email: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG
Summary: Sequel to Eighteen Pieces of Mail and One Photograph. Logan and Rogue have a little pillow talk.
Series: Eighteen #17
Disclaimer: Neither one of them belong to me. Surprising given how much time I spend with them, isn't it? Moonbeam's mine, though.
Archive: Ask, and ye shall receive.
Feedback: Please! With a cherry on top?
Author's Notes: This is just a little interlude, really.....


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"I think we should go. There's nothing they can do for me here, and I don't like staying here. Neither do you."

"Well, OK, but where to, darlin'?"

"What about back to the cabin?"

"I'm not opposed to that, it's a nice spot. I don't think Mystique or anybody knows about it. But - what are we gonna do for money? I don't like the idea of leavin' ya there for days at a time while I go fight."

"Wait, you're thinking of going back to fighting?"

"I dunno. Can make a shitload of money that way."

"Yeah, but you get hurt doing it."

"No I don't, I heal."

"But it hurts when you get hit."

"They don't get too many good shots in, don't worry."

"Logan, I just don't like the idea of you doing it. What about painting? I can paint and sell them, through the gallery here, and with Moonbeam in Sedona. She said she'll be happy to have more of my work. Heck, she asked for more."

"Are you sayin' that you're gonna be the one supportin' us?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Hell yeah. I'm the man."

"So?"

"So I'm the one who should be supportin' us, I'm the one who should be bringin' in money."

"Oh, come on, what does it really matter? We're a team. And it won't be forever. I mean, at some point, we'll do something different."

"It matters to me, darlin'. I like to pull my own weight."

"You will - you're going to have to hunt and cook, remember?"

"Yeah, but that's not the same."

"Look, how much have we got now?"

"About three thousand, including that check from what's-her-name."

"Moonbeam. OK, well, that's enough for a while. We can grab some more supplies and still have some left over."

"We're gonna need a new car soon. That Cherokee is on it's last legs."

"Yeah. Well, if we can get it to live through the summer, we can probably have enough for another one by fall or so."

"I can fight once in a while. Ain't gonna hurt nothin'."

"Logan - "

"Look, baby, I've been doin' this for as long as I can remember. I ain't gotten hurt so bad it ever made me quit. It's fine."

"If I can think of another way for you to make money, would you do it?"

"Honey, I ain't a man of many talents. Beatin' the shit outta people is just about it."

"That's not true. You have a lot of talents."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You can fix just about anything. You're good at building things. You're a really good cook - there you go, maybe you could be a chef."

"You're kiddin', right?"

"Well, about the chef part maybe, but not the rest."

"Hmm. Maybe....."

"Oooh! I've got an idea. You like to build stuff with wood - you built that table for the cabin from scratch and it turned out really nice. What about doing that - making furniture or things out of wood and selling them? We could see if they'd take some things at the general store in Baker's Pass. They might, they had stuff there for sale like that."

"Maybe....."

"What?"

"Maybe the truth is I'd miss the fights, every once in a while. You know, when there's nothin' at stake but money, it's kinda fun."

"What am I gonna do with you?"

"I know, I know. It ain't a sign of mental health."

"I didn't mean that. There's not a thing wrong with you that I can tell, sugar."

"You're biased."

"Maybe. But I'm also right."

"Aren't you always?"

"I'm glad you're catching on to that, sugar. Let's talk to the Professor tomorrow. We can get moving by the end of the week."

"Sounds good to me, darlin'. Now, come on over here."