Same Coin, Different Sides:  Logan

Title: Same Coin, Different Sides - Logan
Author: Terri
E-Mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don’t own them. Poo.
Archive: Dolphin Haven, Peep Hut, Agony and Ecstasy – anyone else, please ask ;)
Feedback: Please? With a hug for woobie (tm Karen) Bobby on top? Good, bad, and ugly welcome…….
Summary: AU. Logan. Marie. Captured X-fucklets. Jealous Wolvie. Feisty Marie. Issues. Melting. Even a bit of optimism at the end :)
Comments: To self-plagiarize a bit (from the Hank In Love series), I have been recently been reminded that love can indeed make you do funny stuff ;) This time (for a change) it’s in a very, very good way, but suffice to say that without the new guy in my life, I wouldn’t be thinking of things like letting my inner geek run free in the wilds of the C-SPAN website (www.cspan.org for those among you who may also have an inner, Booknotes-lovin’ geek). It’s interesting how different people can bring out different things in you, things that you consciously or unconsciously repress to suit the culture of your circle of friends or current beau. It’s also been interesting for me, someone used to being able to communicate fairly well using both the written and spoken word, to be rendered speechless when he gives me compliments. Something like ‘Me like you too. Lots!’ usually comes out instead of all the eloquent, lyrical things my brain *tries* to get out ;) Logan has a similar problem here – only the tip of the iceberg comes out, and sometimes there’ *whole* lot underneath ;) Logan also illustrates another way that love makes you do funny stuff – he changes his behavior because of Marie. Now, while I realize that refraining from homicide, as Wolvie does here, is pretty hard to beat, I still think it’s just about the sweetest thing ever that my guy has learned hockey for me. Yep, deciphering the rules of icing and offsides is enough to make me go all melty inside. As you all know, love usually, well, turns out pretty badly for me, but I’m hoping for a nice little deviation from the usual this time – after all, (to plagiarize from someone else) hope springs eternal, and maybe sometimes even love itself can do funny stuff ;)
 
 
 ----------------------------------------- 
 
 
 
"Please don’t kill Bobby." Tall order, darlin’. "Logan……" Yeah, yeah.
 
"Little ice pick needsta learn some manners. Ain’t nice to go breakin’ and enterin’."
 
"You’re not going to get away with this, you know. The other X-Men will come to rescue us." Jesus. Is that what they teach all the little X-fucklets to say if they get caught? That’s exactly what Marie said. On the other hand – maybe he said that ‘cause he knows that’s what she’d say ‘cause they were ‘close,’ before. Grrrr……
 
"No killing. Please?" Well, all right, but I ain’t puttin’ the claws back in. "You should just go home, Bobby. I’m – I’m just fine here and I don’t want to go back. You should really get Storm and just go home right now."
 
Dunno if that’s gonna be an option. And I know you’re nervous ‘bout Storm, darlin’, but she’s with Mags. Ain’t him you gotta worry ‘bout with her – he might scare her, rough her up a bit even, but he ain’t gonna do much more than that. He’ll just throw her ass in a cell and leave her there until she changes her mind ‘bout joinin’ up or until she escapes. Nah, Mags ain’t the one you gotta worry ‘bout, it’s Sabretooth. She’s just his type, and he’d do a lot more than put a scare inta her. "She’s right, ya know. Oughta just get the hell outta here."
 
"Not without Rogue." Look at this little asshole, starin’ me down, givin’ me the hairy eyeball. Grrr……..
 
"Bobby, really – "
 
"You wanna know somethin’, Ice*man*?" Little fucklet. Nobody gives me that look. *I* give *them* that look, and then I give ‘em a claw right up the ass. "Rogue don’t wanna go anywhere, and especially not anywhere with you. She’s with me now. Get used to it." Or do I gotta claw a coupla body parts off to make my point?
 
 
"What – what have you made her do?!"
 
Aw, Christ, the Jeannie thing. I can imagine what he’s thinkin’. But he’s dead fuckin’ wrong. With emphasis on the ‘dead.’ "Not a damn thing she didn’t wanna do."
 
"You son of a – "
 
"Bobby!" Marie, darlin’, I know you’re tryin’ to protect your little friends here, but that ain’t helpin’ me push back the animal, seein’ you step in between us to protect him. Not helpin’ one bit. In fact, that’s gonna be the quickest way to get his lame ass shredded. Grrrr…… "Let’s just – can we just – um, why don’t we all just calm down a second, OK?" I think she got it ‘cause she stepped aside. Just a little thing, but enough to bring me outta the red zone.
 
"Rogue, whatever he’s made you do, it doesn’t matter. I still want us to be together, I still want to be your – your – "
 
"Boyfriend?" No, I couldnta said that more sarcastically. ‘Cause she ain’t anybody’s anythin’ but mine. My lover, my woman, mine, mine, mine.
 
"Lover." What? What?! Marie said scarf kisses! What the fuckin’ hell?
 
"Lover? Bobby, what do you mean, we never really, um, you know……."
 
"Get outta the way." Gonna gut him, then her. No, no – can’t do that. Can’t hurt her. Gonna gut him, twice. Fucker……
 
"No, Logan, no – he’s – I don’t know what he’s talking about. I really don’t." Grrr……
 
"Move!"
 
"No! Look at me!" Don’t really wanna – gotta just gut the little X-fucklet and then we’ll – aw, shit what *am* I gonna do with her after I gut him? Talk or some shit? Christ, I must be losin’ my mind – since when do I talk shit out? Since when do I – "OK, then, smell me – smell me. I’m telling you the truth. I don’t know what he’s talking about."
 
Huh. She ain’t lyin’. She’s really not. Could definitely tell, and I sure know the scent of a lie on her, the little beer thief. Huh. Well if she’s not lyin’ that means he is, and any way you cut it, it still adds up to claw time. "Step aside, darlin’."
 
"Logan, I don’t – "
 
"I know, but step aside. I’ve had all of this little shit that I’m gonna take."
 
"Logan, please – please don’t hurt him, OK? Let’s just – let’s just figure out what’s going on here, all right?"
 
Hmph. Can’t really say no ‘cause now that it’s hittin’ me I’m kinda feelin’ like shit for believin’ some little X-fucklet over Marie. I have no doubt that it’ll sink in for her too later and then she’ll give me no end of shit about it. She might even be, well, kinda hurt or somethin’. Wouldn’t want that, not for Marie.
 
"Good. Good then, no killing." Yeah, darlin’ – and I’m sorry ‘bout not believin’ ya before. Hope my face says that ‘cause I ain’t makin’ it come out in words around this ice-prick. I think she gets it. Her face kinda says she does. "Now, without any of us, um, getting homicidally enraged………Bobby, can you tell me why you said that?"
 
"God, Rogue, what have they done to you……."
 
"Nothing. Nothing. I, ah, I came here of my own free will. Really. And I’m very, very happy here, being evil. Really just love that dark side. But, um, Bobby – can you please tell me why you said we were lovers?"
 
"Because we *are*." Goddamn if the ice-hole don’t look like he’s gonna cry. Wonder if he cries ice cubes? Or maybe crushed ice? "That last night you were at the mansion, and the note you left me the morning after - don’t you even remember? Rogue, think – they had to do something to you if they made you forget the night we – we- oh, God, don’t you remember?"
 
Aw, fuck. *Fuck*! "Mystique." Can’t that woman keep her legs closed? Christ! And what is it with this kid? For God’s sake, he’s just a fuckin’ *boy* - how does he get so damn many of the hot chicks?
 
"Mystique?"
 
All confused – well, think about it, ice-cube. Let it roll around in that X-fucklet brain of yours. Yep, there we go. I can almost see the wheels beginnin’ to turn.
 
"Mystique? Did she……she didn’t………."
 
Uh-huh. She sure as hell did.
 
"She *wouldn’t*……"
 
Oh sure she would – we’re the bad guys, remember? We do shit like that.
 
"She – all those times, we - oh, God, I’m gonna be sick!"
 
"Hey, man, don’t – " Dammit! Too fuckin’ late. I hate the smell of vomit.
 
"Bobby! Are you OK?" Oh, no – you’re not gonna – aw, shit, baby, don’t go fawnin’ all over him. I was just almost disgusted enough by the smell to forget I wanted to gut him. Now the claws are just vibratin’, just achin’ to slice inta him…….. "Oh, Bobby, I’m so sorry. I’m so, so sorry."
 
 
"Not your fault…….urgh……." She’s even huggin’ him! As if wipin’ his mouth wasn’t enough!
 
"Rogue – "
 
"I’m just really sorry, Bobby."
 
"No, it’s OK. I – I should’ve known. I just can’t believe I……..with her……I just……"
 
"Oh, Bobby……."
 
"Rogue! You! Back! Now!" Yeah, a little forceful, but she just wasn’t payin’ any attention to me. And I’m the one who fools around with the *real* her, so she’s mine. No imitation Maries in my house. But uh-oh – she’s givin’ me a look, and not a nice ‘I’m so turned on by your alpha-man thing, let’s get in on right now’ kinda one either. Dammit. I’m gonna get that whole speech about her bein’ her own and me takin’ a lease on the Marie Properties again……….. "I mean – Rogue, how ‘bout you take a coupla steps back from loverboy here so I ain’t so sorely tempted to rip him a new one? Um, OK?" That was about as nice as it’s gonna come out. And this time, I don’t think she understands that I’m bein’ nice. Shit.
 
"OK……….." She’s doin’ it, though – that could be a good sign, right? "I’ll step away from him. I’ll step away and go over here and get the keys to unlock him, how’s that?"
 
"Rogue, we can’t just let him go, you know that." Mags’ll hit the fuckin’ roof. Then he’ll drop it on my head. And possibly hers.
 
"Oh, I’m not suggesting that ‘we’ do anything – *I’m* going to get the keys." Aw, fuck me. That hurt. "You don’t have to do anything. You know, except not kill him. And me."
 
"Rogue – be careful." Little ice-berg oughta be worried ‘bout his own damn self here. Still ain’t entirely convinced I’m better off with him alive rather than dead. Got the jump on him and the weather witch when they broke in ‘cause security saw ‘em comin’ – gotta remember to thank Mystique for puttin’ in those upgrades after I kick her ass for fuckin’ around with this kid and causin’ me all this shit – but I remember the last time. His ice thing can be a serious pain in the ass, and my world would probably be better off without the possibility of him ever goin’ up against me in a fight again……….but Marie – she kinda likes him, as a friend, ya know, nothin’ else, clearly not anythin’ else. But she does like him as a friend and she’s right – I ain’t especially big on killin’ people who ain’t lab employees. Fuck.
 
"Stay still, Bobby. I’ll have these off in a minute." Shit, got my head up my ass and she’s almost over there to let him loose already.
 
 
"Stop, darlin’." Yeah, I know you don’t like me grabbin’ ya, especially now, but you can’t just let him go. "I got an idea. Put those down." Hard look. Frown that’s tryin’ to be mad but just kinda looks disappointed. "Trust me, OK? I got an idea. Put ‘em back." Thinkin’ about it. Yeah – she’s gonna do it. Good girl. C’mere – let’s come talk over here outta earshot of ice-boy.
 
"Look, Logan, I don’t want Bobby to get hurt and – "
 
"Grrr……" Damn. Less growlin’ more rational conversation. "Marie, listen – I’m sorry about bein’ a shit, but I just don’t like you near him. At all."
 
"Yeah, well, that’s going to be a problem because I’m going to be near other people on occasion."
 
"Not other people who’ve kissed ya."
 
"Logan! You’ve done a lot more with me than kiss me – "
 
"Damn straight."
 
"And you know how I feel about you – you know, when you’re not going all ‘grr’ and grabbing me hard enough to bruise me, and – "
 
"I bruised you?"
 
 
"Yes – see? Right here. And I think that when it comes to being jealous, you’re just a little too hair-trigger and you’ve got to just realize that – "
 
"I’m sorry."
 
 
"Um, what?"
 
""Bout that. Sorry." I hope she knows I didn’t mean to hurt her, just to back her offa him some. I hope she knows that. "I’m real sorry."
 
"It’s OK. I mean – I know. I mean – hmph." Now that’s a new one – she’s hardly ever outta words. "I mean – I know seeing me close to Bobby pushes your buttons, and I hope you know I’m not pushing them just for my own entertainment. He’s a friend, and he’s in trouble, and having to find out that your first time wasn’t with who you thought it was is a pretty big shock. I just wanted to comfort him a little, not to make you get all weird."
 
"OK." And I really do believe that – she ain’t the kinda person who just – um, wait a sec. Did she say ‘first time’? "Um, Marie - he’s a virgin?"
 
"Yes, and can you imagine how awful it must be to – "
 
"Heh!"
 
"Logan! It’s not funny!" Yeah, it pretty much is, but I know I’d better quit laughin’ or she’ll get pissed all over again. "It’s not. You can’t tease him about it, you just can’t."
 
The eyebrow should get my point across.
 
"You can’t!"
 
"Oh, all right." I can still put it to Mystique though – robbin’ the cradle, she’ll never live that down. Oh yeah – Mystique. My bright idea. What I brought Marie over here to talk about in the first place, ‘cause I sure as hell don’t have relationship talks. Well, not on purpose. "Listen – my idea – let’s leave him alone with Mystique."
 
 
"No! No way! She’ll – "
 
"She’ll wanna bang him again, and she’ll unlock him to have a go at it. If he’s got half a brain, he’ll find a way to escape. That way, we’re off the hook."
 
"But Magneto said *not* to leave her alone with him."
 
"Yeah, but he’ll be less pissed ‘bout that than us just lettin’ the ice cube slide outta here. And he won’t be pissed at Mystique for long." She’s always been his fuckin’ favorite, God knows why. Frankly, I don’t think I really *wanna* know what she does for him.
 
"But – but how can you be sure she’ll…..you know……."
 
"Aw, she’s like that. Horny as hell, never gets enough." What? Why’re you lookin’ at me like that?
 
"And you know this, how?"
 
Uh-oh.
 
"Logan?"
 
"We, uh, usedta do it."
 
"You and Mystique?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Ewwww!" Heh – look at her, brushin’ at herself a little like she’s tryin’ to get a bug off and scrunchin’ up her nose. That’s actually kinda cute. Actually kinda sexy too – look at all those good parts jigglin’. "Logan! She’s icky!"
 
"Eh. She was here."
 
"Oh, that’s nice."
 
"What?"
 
"Logan………" No, what? I really don’t get what you’re gettin’ at here, darlin’. "Didn’t you, you know, care about her? ‘She was here’ isn’t really a good reason to make love with someone." Look at that – little blush on the ‘make love.’ Heh. She’s so damn cute.
 
"It wasn’t like that." Which is about as tactful as I can put it and as many words as I can get out in the face of that blush.
 
"What was it like, then?" Lookin’ up at me like that – I can’t really tell her it was just fuckin’. Makes me sound kinda like an asshole. That’s not the answer Marie expects outta me, and even if she probably is the only person *not* to expect an asshole answer, I kinda don’t wanna let her down.
 
"It was……..convenient, that’s all. We………..we weren’t a ‘we.’" There – I think she gets it. Don’t like it a whole lot, but she gets it, and hey, I don’t like her scarf things with ice-fucklet either. It’s just life. People have a past and there’s not jack shit you can do about it. "So – whaddya think? I can find her, call her in here."
 
"Yeah…….OK. But if that doesn’t work, we have to find another way." I ain’t gonna agree – not gonna nod yes or no. I ain’t gonna commit to that, no way. But the truth is if she’s hell bent on it, we’ll figure somethin’ out. "What about Storm?"
 
"Hmm….." Can’t really get her away from Mags. Could try to time ice-pick’s escape with when Mags gets tired of playin’ with her. Probably could make a pretty good guess as to when that is – I’ll smell Sabes comin’ this way. Yeah, that might work. "I got an idea there too."
 
"What?"
 
You know what – I wanna find somethin’ out. "Trust me." I know I did some damage to this thing we got goin’ here, but I wanna know if it’s fixed. Maybe, if she can trust me, it kinda is. If she can’t – well, I dunno how to fix things, actually, but at least I’ll know there’s some other shit I gotta do to make things right between us. She’s thinkin’ it over, not answerin’ lightly, so maybe she understands what I’m really askin’ here. Or maybe she’s tryin’ to decide if I’m smart enough to figure somethin’ out. Hell, maybe she’s tryin’ to decide how to suck the life outta me and dump me in some back alley and run away with the ice cube- I mean, what the hell do I really know about relationships anyway? Dammit, I –
 
"OK. OK. I’ll trust you." Huh. Whaddya know. "But no killing Bobby, OK? That can’t be part of the plan."
 
"Aw, Marie……" Heh – just teasin’, and she definitely understands that.
 
"I know, I know. But I’ll give you a reward if you’re good……." Oooh – teasin’ back. That’s good. Real good.
 
"What kinda reward? I got all the beer and money I want, woman."
 
"Heh. Yes, you do. But I’m offering another kind of reward."
 
"Yeah? Whatcha got in mind?" Whatever it is, I think I’m gonna fuckin’ love it ‘cause she’s blushin’ to beat the band, the kind she only does when she’s talkin’ about sex stuff.
 
"My lips. Here." Oh yeah. Oh hell yeah. "Only without the jeans on you. You, um, pretty naked. I mean – you would be pretty naked." Fuckin’ hell yeah. "Is that OK?"
 
Whoa, snap out of it, Logan. Stop thinkin’ about that mouth just where you’ve wanted it for so damn long.
 
Just for a second.
 
You can do it. Come on.
 
No, really.
 
"Logan?"
 
"You wanna do that? You sure?"
 
"Mmm-hmmm."
 
 
"As a bribe?"
 
"As a reward."
 
"What’s the difference?"
 
"One is to make you do something; the other is to make you happy that you did what you did. Or just to say thanks. Or just because you’re really, really happy that the other person did something. Like not killing certain people."
 
"So you’re sayin’ you wanna."
 
 
"Yes, Logan." Laughin’ a little – God, she looks good laughin’. "If you want to too – I kinda thought that would be the next logical step in our, um, you know, thing."
 
"Next logical step? There’s a blueprint for this shit?"
 
"No……" More laughin’. And warm eyes. "I just thought you might like it. You do lots of things I like."
 
"My lips, here, would be pretty good for a next step too." Wanted to taste her for so long, and no, ice pick, I ain’t takin’ my hand out from between her legs just ‘cause you’re rattlin’ your chains a little. She’s mine, and you X-fuckers better get that straight.
 
"Maybe we could take two steps." So absorbed in me she hasn’t even noticed ice pick. Heh. That’s just the way I like it.
 
"Ain’t that against the rules?"
 
"If it is, we’ll throw away the rule book." Hot damn, rock against my hand just like that, baby, yeah. "I, um – we – we should – " Fuck. Rememberin’ the situation, and that ice-hole is in the room with us. "We probably should – "
 
"Yeah. You stay here. I’ll find Mystique. And Marie – no touchin’ him while I’m not here, got it?"
 
 
"No. Perhaps if you asked nicely I would ‘get it’………"
 
"Hmph. You. Touchin’ him. None of it. Got – I mean, that’s OK with you, right?" That’s about as close to nicely as I get, baby, and it’s a helluva lot nicer than anyone else would ever get.
 
"No, it’s not, but I’ll do it this time. We’re really going to have to talk about some of your issues, you know.."
 
"I don’t have issues!"
 
"Denial is an excellent example of just such an issue……."
 
"Hmph!" Hey! She swatted me on the butt when I gave her my back and started stalkin’ off, all bad-ass. She’s not allowed to do that! "You little – " Aw, damn. All I can think now is - you little gorgeous thing. And that would sound pansy-ass if I said it out loud. She melts me, you know? All the pissiness just evaporates when she’s here. Well, most of the pissiness. "You’re gonna pay for that, darlin’."
 
"I sincerely hope so." Stickin’ her tongue out to boot. God, what am I gonna do with her? Well, I know what I gotta do for right now. Gotta get Mystique and see if she’s game. Then I gotta hope for the best. Hope for the best – now there’s somethin’ I *never* did before Marie.

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives