Spare Change:  Bobby's Two Cents

Title: Spare Change - Bobby
Author: Terri
E-Mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don’t own them. Rats.
Archive: Dolphin Haven, Peep Hut, Agony and Ecstasy – anyone else, please ask ;)
Feedback: Please? With some dry weather on top? Good, bad, and ugly welcome…….
Summary: AU. Bobby learns some unpleasant truths, and a few more are on the way, unbeknownst to him.
Comments: Warning – rambling completely unrelated to the fic ahead. It’s been raining cats and dogs this month – over six inches so far in the month of May – and that’s not exactly good weather to get things like gardening and new siding for your house done. Nonetheless, La Casa de Terri will soon have a new look – instead of the blue-painted (and peeling) wood siding it now sports, it is about to be covered in gray vinyl siding. My Hank muse would prefer that the blue stay, of course, but my Jean muse is convinced I selected ‘gray’ in her honor ;) Yeah, she’s reaching but hey – she’s kind of got to take what she can get from me ;) In any case – a new, improved Terri Hut is on the horizon – whoo-hoo!
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
I can’t believe it. I mean, I just can’t believe it. And I *didn’t* at first, even when the Professor said he was sure that the disk couldn’t have been faked. I’ve known Jean almost all of my life – over half of my life now, since I came here at nine – and I just couldn’t believe a little piece of plastic over the woman I’ve known and who’s been more of a mother to me than my own for all those years. But when Jean admitted to it…………
 
God, Scott’s got to be crushed. Just crushed. He was so upset when all that stuff first surfaced on the ‘net and then when Jean told him that the Wolverine had forced her to………to have that all turn out to be a lie, just a big lie……..well, I can’t imagine how he feels.
 
The Professor said to leave him alone for a while and I will. After all, I’ve got other things on my mind, like finding Rogue. The Professor found a lead and he’s sending Storm and me out to check it out. Given everything that’s going on with Scott and Jean, it just wasn’t the right time to send them on a mission, and I’m the oldest one, the one that’s most ready for a mission like this.
 
Storm keeps reminding me that it will be dangerous. Believe me, I know that. I really, really know that. The lead that the Professor has came from the destruction of a scientific research facility. A fast-moving blur of what *might* be Rogue on a security videotape, that’s all. But if the Professor was right, she could be in big trouble – the Brotherhood destroyed that research facility, and for no good reason. If they’ve got Rogue, if they’re forcing her to do these kind of things, or if they’ve tricked her somehow – well, we just have to find her right away, no matter how dangerous it might be.
 
I keep thinking about that one amazing night we spent together – how she looked, how she talked, God, even how she smelled. It was the best night of my life and I – I just have to get her back. She’s the woman I love, and I have to get her back.
 
Well, have to think positively, Bobby. Storm and I *will* get her back. We will get her back, and we’ll explain that we still want her here, on the team, and that I really love her, that she needs to stay, for me. We’ll find her, and we’ll make her understand that nothing’s changed just because her skin shut off. Yep, positive thinking. It works. That’s exactly how it’ll all go. We’ll find her and bring her back and make everything like it was. We’ll find her, for sure. And hopefully, we won’t get killed by the Brotherhood when we raid Magneto’s lair looking for her tonight. No, no – no negative thoughts. Just positives. Gotta keep it together and do this for Rogue. Yeah, everything’s going to be OK.

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives